Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Mathematics & Numeracy
At Harris Free School Peckham, we teach maths through the new national curriculum which is broken down into the following strands:
- Number - number and place value
- Number - addition and subtraction
- Number - multiplication and division
- Number - fractions (including decimals and percentages)
- Geometry - properties of shapes
- Geometry - position and direction
- Ratio and proportion
Scroll to the bottom of the page to view targets for children in each year group that are matched to the above strands.
In maths, we challenge children to think for themselves through investigations. We also allow children to apply their skills in different contexts, in order to help them become numerate in all areas.